The Valeo Difference
Valeo Academy is not an ordinary private school. While providing a quality education based on Biblical principles vital to the future endeavors of children, our vision at Valeo Academy goes one step further. It is our mission to provide an education that emphasizes the Word of God, His Story (History), His Ways, His Wisdom and His Insight as the foundation of every subject in our curriculum. Furthermore, we endeavor to be a model of Christian education and character development that is designed to raise up a generation of children that will help shape the future - a generation of children committed to God, family, and the evangelization of the world!
|How does Valeo Academy compare with other schools?|
|The Principle Approach at VALEO ACADEMY||Public Education||Modern Christian Education|
|The home, parents, family||
(Federal, State, Local)
• Historic American Christian educational
• Biblical Principals
• Individual conscience
• Republican purpose, the character of Christ
• Horace Mann, John Dewey
• Socialistic principles
• Fundamental reaction to Dewey and progressive philosophies
• Evangelical focus
• Internal inspiration of the mind and heart
•Student accountability for his own learning
• Reflective thinking and reasoning. The Notebook Approach & daily writing
• Rich vocabulary of liberty
• Tutorial method applied through principles of individuality, Christian character, self-government, and conscience• Teacher is “lively” textbook – subject comes alive!
• External stimulation
• Behavioral modification
• Free expression
• Discovery learning• Reduced curriculum with lowered expectations and vocabulary
• External control
• Discipline• Content memorization and rote learning
• Mastery of principles and leading ideas of subjects to form a unity of truth
• Teachers research/design their courses
American Christian history and government
• Subjects valued and taught individually; their contributions to the Gospel identified
• Classical literature, languages and fine arts
High standard: Christ is the standard
• Familiarity with subject content
• Memorizing/parroting facts
Social studies, language arts
• God removed, man and his achievements glorified• Lowered expectations
• Familiarity with subject content for testing purposes
• Worldview of textbook writer• Secular curriculum “Christianized” with scripture
• “Furnishing each individual such aid as education can give to reach the fullest expression of his value in Christ.”
• Biblical Christian worldview• Christian scholarship and character for leadership/servanthood
• Socialization of student
• Functional literacyDemocratic leveling
•Christianization of student
• Protection from public school influences• Literacy
Valeo Academy exists to empower students to discover their true worth and purpose, awaken a love for learning from a Biblical worldview, and develop the character to become the best version of themselves.
A Valeo education is truly unlike any other. Here we seek to draw out the “extraordinary” in each and every student. We don’t put treasure in your student; we help them discover and draw out the treasure and greatness that God has placed within them.
Valeo is a Preparatory Academy designed to prepare your student for a future career or college education; but even more importantly—to prepare them for life. While providing an interactive education based on Biblical principles, our vision at Valeo Academy goes one step further. It is our mission to equip your student to build their life upon the Word of God, His Story (History), His Ways, His Wisdom and His Insight as the foundation of every subject in our curriculum. Furthermore, we endeavor to be a model of Christian character development that is designed to raise up a generation of children that will help shape the future.
For all parents and families, we seek to partner with you to see God’s promise come to fruition in each student’s life:
"May our sons flourish in their youth like well-nurtured plants. May our daughters be like graceful pillars, carved to beautify a palace.”
Psalm 144:12 (NLT).
Definition: (Latin), n. power, strength, to be worth. v. to be strong; to be vigorous; to be powerful; to be effective; to prevail, to succeed; to be influential; to be valid, to be strong enough, be adequate, be capable, be able; to be of value, be of worth. (The New College Latin & English Dictionary, John C. Traupman, Ph.D., 1995)
Valor –strength of mind in regard to danger; that quality which enables a man or woman to encounter danger with firmness; personal bravery; courage; prowess
Fulfilling Our Destiny
Jesus said in John 14:12, "He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." It is God's ultimate plan for each of us to walk in the power and love that Jesus walked in. We believe this lack of power stems from a lack of three things: knowledge, identity, and character: the knowledge that comes from a God-centered education; our identity as sons & daughters of God; and the character of Christ formed in us.
An Investment That Lasts A Lifetime:
As a parent of a Valeo student, you are investing in not only an exceptional classical education for your student, but also the development of their character. You are making an investment into the discipleship of your child, and training him or her in responsibility and diligence. You are guarding against the lack of true identity that beset so many of our young ones.
In Genesis 1:28 God told Adam and Eve to "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth..." We, at Valeo Academy, are committed to providing a comprehensive education and solid character training that will prepare your children to go into all the world and replenish the cities and the fields; replenish the governments of this world; replenish the colleges and universities of this nation; bring God's wisdom and power to the medical fields; to replenish the entertainment industries, the arts, and the sciences; and to bring God's wisdom and character to the businesses of this world. We look forward to partnering with you in the development of your student to accomplish all that God has called them to!